Registered Manager: Peaches Kisson
Hudd's Vale Home is a large five bedroomed detached property situated near Bristol City Centre.
The accommodation, which is fully centrally heated, consists of:
- A large lounge equipped with a TV, DVD player and Sky viewing.
- A dining area adjoining the kitchen.
- A fully fitted kitchen.
- A snug/second living area for use by the young people. This room can also be used to facilitate friends/family visits.
- Games room with adjoining staff shower room and WC.
- Two shared bathrooms/WC for the use of the young people and a downstairs WC.
- Three young people bedrooms.
- Two staff bedrooms.
- A garage furnished for use as a “chill out” space and a drum kit.
- Garden with gym equipment, punch bag and large trampoline.
Each young person has their own bedroom with privacy, subject to safeguarding for the young person’s safety and protection. All bedrooms are furnished with a single bed, bedding, study desk and lighting. Each room is provided with a television, storage space for clothing and safe storage for personal belongings. Any valuables belonging to the young person can be stored securely. Each room will have a lock and the young person will be responsible for the key to this and the upkeep of their room, with support from the home where required.
Hudd's Vale is located a few miles from the City Centre and is located close to transport links. There are various opportunities located close to the home, including:
- Music production centres
- Swimming and sports at the leisure centre
- Parks and recreational grounds are available for ball games such as football and tennis.
- Army Cadets
- Boxing academy
- Football training centres
Further afield, seaside towns are easily accessible for exciting days out at the beach.
Children’s ambitions are at the forefront of the care for the children and staff help them to achieve their goals. Children are effectively supported to develop their independence skills at a pace that is individual
The children enjoy living in the home and like each other, as well as the staff team. Compatibility of the children’s needs is important in this home and means a positive and relaxed atmosphere is created.
Children’s education is supported well. All children are attending school or college. Outside of school, they have the opportunity to take part in activities to support their interests as well as have new experiences.
Parents are confident that their children are happy and well cared for by the staff. One child’s parents credited the staff team for their input into their child’s life, and all the positive things that their child now enjoys
because of the team’s dedication.